Friday, November 30, 2012

An old-fashioned flight

Yesterday I flew with Transavia for the first time and it was nice experience that somehow reminded me of my flights when I was a child. When I was checking in I was assigned a seat, so I didn't have to rush and queue for hours to have a decent seat, I sat on the plane and I found a sickness bag in front of me and before taking off a tv screen played a video with the safety instructions and then, once we were up in the air we were even treated with a movie. After all these goods signs, I was even fooled into thinking that an airstewardess would pass at any moment offering us a beverage and some snack but that didn't happen. Too good to be true, I guess that plane meals are just a memory, at least on non long-haul flights and that if I ever have children they will grow up without understanding why some orange juices taste like airplane orange juice. But still, flying with Transavia was a nice experience and the movie detail was more than appreciated. The only flaw was the uniforms of the airstewardesses, which were quite eclectic and actually one of the stewardess was wearing a sort of tracksuit, designed by the company and consisting of blue pants and a green and blue stripped shirt. I had never seen a airstewardess wearing a tracksuit and it seemed weird to me.

Most of the passagers were quite aged, actually I could say that I was the youngest person of the plane and ironically the film displayed was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which is about a group of elderly people who retire to India looking for adventures or simply for a cheaper residence. Maybe it was meant as inspiration for some of the other passangers  who were heading for a sunny holidays in Malaga! But coming back to the film, I had never heard of it before but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It was a beautiful and witty film and I think it's really nice to see great actors playing great roles, despite not having a wrinkless face anymore. Besides, it was also great travel inspiration to me and India is definitely going some places up on my travel wish list.

8 comments:

  1. Jajajaja hace siglos q no viajó en un avión tan glamouroso, de hecho la ultima vez q me pusieron peli fue hace tres años en un vuelo de Ny a España y eran 7 horas.
    Seguro q eras las más enérgica del avión jajajajaja.
    Besito y buen finde guapa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo tb, que últimamente de ryanair no pasaba, pero bueno, está bien que haya alternativas. Y lo de las pelis es una gran idea que ayuda a olvidarse de que estás volando jejejeje
      Espero que hayas tenido un buen finde tú tb, besitos!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the movie but I heard really good things about it. India is def on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before, but I would recommend it for sure. I was fun and thoughtful :)

      Delete
  3. i know what you mean. i traveled with my mom a lot when i was a little girl and remember how flights use to be. non-crowded. wonderful meal. it was a pleasant experience. nothing like what we have today. haha i've never seen that movie. i'll have to check it out.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I have the same memories from when I was a child and I travelled with my parents or some relative. It just ain't the same anymore, but on the other hand, it is a lot cheaper, I guess!

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of this film yet and would love to see it. Thanks for sharing. I still dream of going to Jaipur and Agra (Taj Mahal) and the rest of Rajasthan. A ride on the elephant in India is not to be missed. :) I was blessed to have spent a weekend in Bangalore and I had a splendid time. I'm also crazy about Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky for having the chance to travel so much! I hope that one day I can also travel around the world as well. Until then I'll keep on getting inspiration from books and movies.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...