Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas lights in Maastricht


Time has finally arrived for me to be almost on holidays and in order to celebrate my first evening of freedom after a terribly hard term at uni I went for a walk to the city and I spent some time at the Christmas market for the first time this year. The Christmas market in Maastricht is quite small and not especially beautiful but still it was nice to finally let go and get in the mood for Christmas. I took some pictures of the Christmas lights and decorations in Maastricht and even though they're quite simple I really like them. Most of the decorations simply consist of small white leds hanging around naked trees of from street lamps but as ordinary as it might sound, the effect is rather beautiful on cold, dark evenings. So, I hope you like these pictures, even though they're not so good (I should play more with my camera settings and explore the night mode, any advice?) 




Tomorrow I'm flying to Switzerland and after Christmas I'll spend almost three weeks in Tenerife, so I'm really excited about being on the go again and also about being back in two of my favourite places spending time with my loved ones. So, all that's left to say by now is: bye, bye Maastricht, see you in 2013!




10 comments:

  1. awesome photos!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Glamorous Girl!

      Delete
  2. An evening stroll watching these lovely shimmering lights and Christmas decor is a great prelude to your upcoming vacation. A toast to the start of your holidays! Have a wonderful time. Safe travels and enjoy :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely wishes Arni!
      Have a wonderful Christmas, big hug!

      Delete
  3. Sounds wonderful. What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics are beautiful. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too, Jo!
      Hope you also have some wonderful holidays :)
      xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...