Sunday, December 30, 2012

Daytripping: Las Cañadas del Teide

Today I made a family trip to one of the most beautiful places in the world and probably the most beautiful place in Tenerife. We drove to the national park of Las Cañadas del Teide to hike around and take some pictures and it was a great day for pictures as the sun was shining brightly and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. The last time I visited El Teide the area was totally dry. All bushes were greyish and thirsty and trees had no leaves and were still black due to a terrible fire that had devastated most flora from the north of Tenerife. This time El Teide volcano looking better than ever, with some little snow left on the summit, and the surrounding area was fully recovered. Tress were covered with leaves, bushes had grown back and everything was green again. Actually, the whole island is surprisingly green after a very rainy November and it looks good.

So, these are some photos taken this morning. And you can read some more about El Teide here.






6 comments:

  1. Breathtaking and tranquil..what a lovely view while trekking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked really beautiful this time, pity that there wasn't more snow!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Irene! Las Cañadas del Teide is beautiful! I've never been to a national park (sigh)! In one of my science courses, the professor mentioned that after a forest fire or volcanic eruption, things may look dead but life continues to grow. And it grows beautifully afterwards. It heals itself! That's exactly what happened here. The pictures you took are breathtaking. I can only imagine how it looked in person. So glad you got to go and experience it. Hope all is well doll. Your comment was so beautiful on my post today. You made me SMILE doll. Wishing you a new year filled with nothing but the best. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've also read about it! And it was really breathtaking!
      I haven't visited that many national parks but I would like to try and do more green tourism because there are too many beautiful places on Earth to see and I'm sure that the US have many breathtaking sights :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...