Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2012 - Almost in the mood!

Wow! I can't believe that December is already here and that there are just 30 days left for 2012 to be over. Where did all the other 335 days go to?! Well, I know more or less the answer to that question and I can actually say that 2012 was a good year. And even better, the 30 days to come will also be great ... or at least I hope so, after all Christmas time is almost here and I love every tiny bit of Christmas! 

In Maastricht the streets are lit since a couple of weeks ago, temperatures are dropping drastically and I think the Christmas market must be about to start (if it didn't start this weekend). I'm really enjoying taking all my winter clothes out of the shelves, indulging in harty meals and pre-Christmas treats and looking forward to seeing some snow. However, before I can get in the spirit and be in full party mood, I still have to finish this study block somehow and that implies spending two long weeks in the library and studying until midnight. So, until the time comes when I can just let go and enjoy the holiday season like the inner child in me longs to, I will just fantasize about the visits I'll pay to some Christmas market, the wonderful days I'll spend in Switzerland and the cosy Christmas holidays I'll enjoy at home in Tenerife. And if I could do anything I wanted to in this December instead of just studying until my eyes ache, my top three would be:

  1. Ice-skating outdoors and have some mulled wine afterwards to warm me up.
  2. Christmas shopping for my loved ones (well, brother and boyfriend almost done!)
  3. Cosy movie evenings at home watching all sort of Christmas cringey movies.
So, what are you up to this month? Any nice plans? More cosy ideas?

Have a merry December!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to fly back home next week and enjoy some relaxed evenings next to the fireplace... Nothing speaks Christmas time to me like sitting next to the fireplace watching a good film =b

    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a nice Christmas!
      Have a nice flight and a wonderful holidays! I'm also looking forward to going back home :)

      Delete
  2. you have some really wonderful things planned for the holidays. it's going to be nice! good luck with the rest of school. i know when i was in school i couldn't wait to finish everything so i could solely concentrate on holiday fun! hahaha i've been really ill the past week and weekend (cold and ear infection). so that's why i haven't commented. i just put up my wreath and half my tree is decorated. i don't have any real big plans. just going to do things i love and enjoy :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I hope that you're feeling a lot better by now :)
      Doing things you love and enjoy is also a great plan, I can't wait to start doing the same!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great plan for Christmas-ice skating, time with family and a comfy movie night. You must be so excited to finally put the books behind you and enjoy the remaining days of 2012. It's unbelievable how time flies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to set foot outside Maastricht and finally get in the Christmas spirit. Just 10 days till holidays :)
      xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...