Monday, January 21, 2013

# 50: Fifty random facts about me

It's been a bit more than half a year of blogging and I just realized that I'm reaching the humble milestone of 50 posts. Wow, who would've imagined it?! So, to celebrate I've decided to write a special post containing 50 random facts about the blogger, i.e. me, so that you can get to know a piece of me a bit better. But before I start selfishly blogging about myself I have to thank you all, my wonderful readers, who've been so supportive by sharing your love in the form of comments, follows and daily pageviews. Also a big thanks to fellow bloggers who take a minute to stop by and read my posts and for sharing so many other inspiring and wonderful stories. Now, let's get down to business!

  1. I was born and raised in Santa cruz de Tenerife and I'm very proud of my home island.
  2. Besides Tenerife I've also lived in Belgium, Switzerland and The Netherlands, so far.
  3. I've never been outside Europe, though some people might disagree as they regard Tenerife as part of Africa.
  4. I graduated in Mathematics at university and I am currently doing a master's degree in Econometrics.
  5. My favourite subjects at school were English and Maths.
  6. I was amazed when I first experienced the seasons changing in Europe: I discovered the colours of autumn, loved the snow in the winter, cheered up when the spring came and actually longed for the summer.
  7. I don't drink any coffee but I cherish a good cup of tea (with a lovely biscuit, please!)
  8. The best moment of the week is enjoying a long brunch on Sunday with my boyfriend.
  9. I'm obsessed with Australia, it's the number one destination on my travel wish list since I was ten years old.
  10. When I was a teenager my biggest ambition was to become a fashion designer.
  11. My favourite films are Gladiator, The Matrix and Jurassic Park.
  12. In fact, I love dinausaurs, I think they were really fascinating creatures.
  13. One dream of mine I might never fulfill is relocating to London for a while, I think the British capital is so gorgeous!
  14. The Simpsons is my favourite tv show ever! Even though the new episodes might not be that good anymore, there's nothing like a good marathon of brilliant oldies.
  15. The only series I've watched from the first episode till the very last one was Lost, in spite of the continous disappointment season after season. Still, the first season is simply perfect.
  16. I have a massive crush on Usher since I was a teenager, can't help myself!
  17. I had severe insomnia from 8 years old till I was 16, hence I didn't grow up much and I'm just 5'2''
  18. I'm terribly scared of flying, I hate flying!
  19. My favourite seasons are autumn and winter. 
  20. I'm allergic to cats and dogs and to some other unidentified allergens. Funnily enough, the only place I get sick from my allergy is Tenerife.
  21. I've started writing three books but I haven't managed to finish any of them. Yet. The ideas are still incubating in my mind.
  22. My favourite books are Mararía (Rafael Arozarena), This Charming Man (Marian Keyes), Cien Años de Soledad (Gabriel García Márquez) and the Foundation saga (Isaac Asimov)
  23. I actually love anything sci-fi, especially B movies from the 50s and 60s.
  24. I really enjoy learning foreign languages. I can speak English, Dutch, German and French, I've tried Russian and Icelandic, Swedish is on my list and lately I've been quite tempted by Arabic.
  25. I love bellydancing! There's something hypnotic about those rhythms and moves. And those embellished clothes, aren't they beautiful?
  26. I don't have a favourite song but I like a bit of everything. I'm quite into The Beatles lately (maybe I'm just growing old and turning into my dad)
  27. I learnt to play piano when I was a child but I was never really good at it. Later at school I had to play flute and guitar as well. I was even worse at that.
  28. I go crazy when I see the first snowflakes falling down. I can't stop smiling and I always have to go outside to take some pictures.
  29. I have never tried any winter sport. Well, I've done some ice-skating but I'm not sure if that counts.
  30. I like staying in with a good magazine when it rains. British Cosmo and Glamour and Spanish Vogue are my favourites. Spanish Cosmo isn't bad either.
  31. I truly believe in karma. If you're good to everyone and true to yourself good things will happen to you.
  32. I would love to travel around the world.
  33. And I regret not having backpacked when I was younger.
  34. I like cooking exotic meals and I will hardly ever cook anything typical Spanish. 
  35. I have been collecting travel guides since I was eight years old when I received my first two as a Christmas present: London and New York. I should own around 20 now.
  36. I go window-shopping when I'm bored. Or taking photos.
  37. I could eat pizza everyday. And ice-cream. 
  38. I hate working-out. I even failed Sports when at school.
  39. But I did Mathematics Olympics.
  40. I recently had my hair cut and wear a fringe now, which makes me look like a teenage girl again. And I kinda like it!
  41. The person I miss the most is my little brother. I even cried when I first spent my birthday away from him.
  42. Anyways, I cry quite a lot, especially when watching movies. I cry at almost every movie I watch.
  43. I love daytripping. The highlights so far: Leukerbad, Luxembourg City and Lichtenstein. Well, and many other beautiful places but these three ones were quite cool and fun (maybe I should write about it sometime)
  44. I do believe in global warming and I try my best to contribute to mitigation as much as possible. 
  45. Since I got my first camera ever 6 years ago I've become a passionate amateur photographer. I'm looking forward to upgrade my camera to a bridge one and to improve my skills.
  46. I sometimes draw sketches of my planned outfits for a whole holiday. I enjoy packing but I dread unpacking when I'm back and my luggage can lay in the floor for more than a week.
  47. I still go quite often to the movies and despite complaining about the rising prices of tickets I love the feeling of sitting there when the lights go off and the magic starts in the screen.
  48. The longest time I've been outside Tenerife was eight months last year. I used to think that I would like to grow old there. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
  49. I like karaoke bars. And giving the singing a try.
  50. I feel very grateful for the life I live and I try to make the most of it.
Phew, that was it! It's taken quite a long time to come up with such a long list, so I hope you enjoy it and appreaciate it! Feel free to write your own 50 facts list and let me know to take a look. I will have to come up with some other cool idea for post #100, but that's still quite far right now.

Love,
Irene

15 comments:

  1. yay it's always so exciting when you hit blogging milestones- congrats! and it was great learning more about you. that's so interesting you've studied math and have seen so many different countries! and i'm the exact same way over snow- i'm like a little kid haha

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really exticing!
      And good to know that I'm not the only one behaving like a kid when there's snow around :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your random facts, we have several things in common (definitely not the math-hehe) like crying at the movies, karma and more. Yay to karaoke! :)) I think I've mentioned it to you before, I'm fascinated by multi-linguals, I think that's amazing! Have an excellent week, Irene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you enjoyed it!

      The maths territory it's sth I don't seem to share with many people outside my colleagues circle hehe
      But it's always good to know that we also have many other things in common :)

      Hope you're having a great week Arni!

      Delete
  3. Felicidades por los 50 post, me ha gustado mucho enterarme de golpe de tantas cosas sobre ti.
    Aunque yo soy de letras total y no me gusta nada la ciencia ficcion, me encanta ver que tenemos muchas cosas en común, podría vivir de pizza y helado, sueño con Australia, me encantan las excursiones de un día, adoro los Karaokes (aunque cantar se me da fatal, odio hacer ejercicio excepto patinar) y colecciono guias de viaje.
    besazo Irene, buena semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me alegro de que te haya gustado, a lo mejor te animas tb a compartir 50 cosas sobre tí! Tb tenemos en común lo de no cantar bien, pero bueno, los karaokes están para eso, no? ;)
      Un beso y buena semana para tí tb!

      Delete
  4. Irene you are so accomplished! People don't do half those things and they're wayyyyyyy older than you! HaHaHa You should really go ahead and write a book. Your writing skills are superb. My mom forced me to play piano when i was younger and it was a chore. HAHAHA We had recitals and I hate anything that is forced. I made it through, but didn't enjoy it. I'm just now learning a little bit about Australia. It's a fascinating place. Great post doll!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I had the same experience with piano lessons. Now I regret not having done better but back then I was a child and I wanted to have fun, not being on music and piano lessons 6 days a week!

      Delete
  5. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing 50 facts about yourself. I now feel like I know a bit more about you. Australia - really? Come visit if you can. I love it too but I'm bias since I live here hehe. I dislike maths unfortunately, never have been particularly good at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe many people seem to dislike maths!
      I really would love to visit Australia some day, you're so lucky to live there :)

      Delete
  6. Greetings from your (now crying) little brother!
    See you soon! Luv U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe don't cry :p
      See you soon xxx

      Delete
  7. Love all your travels!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear!
      I really enjoy travelling :)

      Delete
  8. So cool that you started to write books! I have so many ideas and started a couple of books too but I never wrote more than ten pages. It is a shame! Love this post, it was so great to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...