Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bajamar & Punta del Hidalgo

Since I arrived in Tenerife I was craving a swim in the sea but despite my boyfriend nicknaming polar bear for being brave enough to get myself into the cold waters of the Atlantic Ocean, I haven't dared to put on my bikini and get somewhere near the sea. So, after having decided that even in Tenerife it is not warm enough to take a bath in the sea, I went this afternoon for a walk at the seaside and I enjoyed a wonderful sunset while going from Bajamar to Punta del Hidalgo, two small coastal towns in the north of Tenerife. 


Bajamar was always more tourism oriented and its main attraction are the natural swimming-pools that lie beside the ocean while Punta del Hildago was a tiny fisher village right at the northeast endopoint of  Tenerife. Both of them used to be important touristic points some decades ago but nowadays none of them is really interesting. Still, the views are quite impressive and some interesting hiking routes end up in Punta del Hidalgo. There are also some wild beaches in the area which are not the most beautiful nor especially safe but some people like them as the waves are quite good.


Today I went with the bus to Bajamar and the day wasn't especially beautiful as it was really cloudy. However, as I walked to Punta del Hidalgo the clouds began to roll away and the sun to shine. The sky was then painted in many beautiful shades of mauve and baby blue. Eventually, the low lands of Tenerife appeared in the distance and even El Teide volcano could be seen above everything else. I was totally mesmerized by such a beautiful picture and I couldn't stop taking pictures. When the sun began to set it became a golden disc, the sky turned red and the clouds were purple and blue. El Teide seemed to be growing every minute until reaching its magnificent 3718m above sea level. 

Here are some photos of this evening, hope you like them!






10 comments:

  1. Wow! A lovely walk along the coast. Those are beautiful photos, Irene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arni! It was a really nice walk. I will miss it now that I'm back to normal life in Maastricht.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you decided not to swim in the ocean. HaHaHa It's just a tad bit chilly. LOL These pics are breathtaking. I always love looking at pictures of the water. It can be so tranquil and soothing. Water is such a powerful medium. Glad you enjoyed your walk and THANKS for bringing us these stunning pics.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe it was really chilly, the Atlantic Ocean is even cold in the summer!
      I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures. I also like photos of water and beaches, there's something very appealing about them!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. Coastal walks are the best. Atm with summer here in Sydney, the beach has become my go-to destination on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I just came back from my holiday in Tenerife and I'm almost freezing in The Netherlands!
      Enjoy the beach and the summer :)

      Delete
  4. Precisas fotos Irene, nunca he estado en Tenerife pero la verdad que entran ganas despues de verlas, disfruta mucho de tu tierra, y no seas boba y bañate que seguro que no esta tan fria.
    besitoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Laia!
      Pues ya se me pasó la oportunidad y después de tres semanas en Tenerife a 20º estoy pasando un frío horrible de vuelta en Maastricht! Será cuestión de acostumbrarse de nuevo :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, beautiful pics!
    see-through

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...