Thursday, January 3, 2013

My 365 Project

In my last post I wrote about taking up one big challenge this year which consists in taking my camera out everyday to take some pictures and complete a daily photo journal. I was inspired by the photographic journey of As the Bird flies, a travel blogger who works on the go while travelling the world and has a blog full of travel and life inspiration. After seeing her achieve this goal month after month in 2012 I thought that it was something fun to do, a good method to improve my photography skills throughtout a year and a great way to put together some lovely memories of a whole year. So I decided to take up the challenge and take part in the 365 project during 365.

I know it won't be easy. First of all I worry that I might not get inspired everyday or that I'll feel too lazy to go out with my camera when it's freezing outside. I might even end up with a boring collection of cups of tea and study notes snapshots and that would be like a failure ... I'll try to make them look good, anyways. Another issue would be choosing the right photo. If the day is exciting I would make quite a lot of photos and then it would be a nightmare to choose the most memorable or maybe just choosing the least worst one out of tons of terrible pictures. However, boring days can also be difficult, just like yesterday.

Should I upload a beautiful but meaningless photo like these Christmas lights for my project?


Or should I choose for the most memorable moment of the day? Yesterday it was being stuck in a parking for 20 minutes.


Or should I choose a photo I would love to see in a year time, like my beautiful hometown?


Ahh, it's a tough call. In this case I went for the last option, but I don't think I'll be giving it much thought in a couple of months or weeks. And another thing I won't care about, at least for the first half year, is to photoshop them. There may not be perfect photos, not even good ones, but if I really want to keep track of my progress I think it'll be better to just upload and compare raw material.

As it is a photographic project I expect that it will help me to improve my poorish photographic skills, I still have so much to learn, even if I'm just using a compact digital camera! I want to actually use the different modes it provides, I want to take better pictures at night, to improve my understanding and use of light and to be able to take good close-ups. Besides photography, my other reason to join in the 365 project is to create a beautiful photo journal of memories and to somehow keep the spark going in a more routinary life. I don't know if you have noticed this as well, but I've realised that, while I go crazy taking pictures everytime that I visit a new place, I get very lazy when I settle in the same place for a while. I get used to it and I don't bother to get out of my comfort zone or to keep on taking pictures of the sights that impressed me before. But I don't want work or study duties to be an excuse not to have fun and I want to keep on discovering new lovely corners of the places I kow and love. That's why I'm looking forward to this 365 project: to taking silly and edgy photos again, to falling in love with Maastricht again, to learning something new everyday (or at least once in a while), to putting together as many new cities and countries and possible, to looking back in a year time and smile while remembering all those wonderful or ordinary moments!

You can follow my 365 project here. Let me know if you feel inspired and dediced to do a 365 project yourselves. And any advice is welcome as well!

7 comments:

  1. irene! irene! irene! hahaha don't worry about it so much. have FUN with it. RELAX. choose the picture that speaks to you the most THAT DAY. choose the one that WOWS you, is UNEXPECTED, DIFFERENT and UNIQUE. i think it's wonderful! you're going to love the end result.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe thanks for your advice! So far I'm having fun and I also got my mum to join me, so that's a way to keep in touch as well :)

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful project Irene. Looking forward to see your daily photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite excited about it and also curious about what every day will bring me!

      Delete
  3. Nice post, thank you for share! Also thank you so incredibly much for the comment you'd left on my blog:)I'm following you right now, hope u will do same!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment as well.
      Your blog was very beautiful!
      Have a great week :)

      Delete
  4. This is a great project. I can't wait to see the pics that you have taken. Gd luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...