Saturday, April 6, 2013

A photo-tour of Switzerland

Tickets are booked! I'm really happy that I'll be spending next week in my favourite country so far. Not only I love it because it is home to tons of sweet chocolate and the even sweeter Boyfriend, but also because it is utterly beautiful. The first time I went to Switzerland I was totally mesmerized by its white mountains, crystal lakes, lush countryside and charming cities. And somehow Switzerland changed me and my view of the world and it also changed my way of travelling. Until then I just tried to pin major cities and urban attractions in my travels: London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Prague, Madrid, Rome. And the Boyfriend took me to his home country and my eyes opened to a whole new world made of the most wonderful nature I had ever seen. I had been neglecting such a beautiful side of the world for so long! Switzerland changed that and now I look further than cool cities and I also want to get to know the natural beauty of places I visit as well.

These are some photos taken during my previous trips to Switzerland. Hopefully you'll see what I mean when I say that Switzerland is really breathtaking! And you can read about some other reasons to love Switzerland here.

I arrived in Basel and fell instantly in love with it.


I was mesmerized by the mighty Alps and found my favourite Swiss spot in Interlaken.


I strolled along quiet Bern ....


... I walked along the wooden bridges of charming Lucerne ...


... and I discovered cool Zurich.


I was left speechless by the power of water at the waterfalls in Rheinfell.


It took a while but eventually I made it to Geneve.


I took a closer look of the Alps in Zermatt ...


... and was even closer to these snowy giants in Leukerbad.


I hope you all enjoyed this quick trip round Switzerland.
Have a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Suiza debe ser preciosa , al igual que Austria. Me encantaría poder visitar alguno de estos sitios algún día. Bsins,wapa:)
    Disfruta de tus viajes away from Tenerife...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Pilar!
      A mí me gustaría visitar tb Austria algún día, que tb debe ser increíble :)

      Delete
  2. Irene, it is spectacular! I've heard so many wonderful things. Wishing you a fun and wonderful trip doll. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'll try to make the most of my trip :)

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to go to Switzerland! Your photos make me want to go even more! It looks so spectacular there!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Bree! I hope that you visit it soon :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous landscape! Traveling with someone we love makes the trip so much sweeter :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Arni! Good companion is a very important part of every trip :)

      Delete
  5. Me encantaria ir algún dia, los paisajes son preciosos, disfruta mucho el viaje y traenos un montón de fotos con tu vuelta.
    Besazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, intentaré sacar algunas fotos, pero el tiempo dice que va a llover jejejeje

      Delete
  6. It seems you had a great trip.
    I am a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were lovely times, indeed :)

      Delete
  7. Man am I itching to visit. This is a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I hope that you're enjoying all the preparation to your big trip :)

      Delete
  8. Really beautiful place in world Switzerland...Nice blog beautiful scene ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed very beautiful! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  9. Here is the best photo sharing sites available today for the final list , go . If 40 or 50 of these sites is not required lists. If you do not do in ten Photo Sharing Sites Sites to use to help you decide which appropriate site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...