Saturday, July 13, 2013

Brunch at Coffeelovers

There aren't many things better than a lazy weekend morning with an extended brunch. I love getting up a couple of hours later than during weekdays and I like taking the time to prepare something special for breakfast, which will not actually be much of a breakfast anymore because it'll be eaten almost at lunch time and it's usually more elaborated than my average cup of tea with some bread or cake slice. Sometimes, I even treat myself to a proper brunch at some café and Coffeelovers is probably one of the best places in Maastricht to do so.


Coffeelovers is a very popular local brand with at least five cafés in Maastricht and several retailers which sell its own coffee and tea melanges, as well as home-made biscuits and Coffeelovers mugs. I am so lucky that I don't have only on Coffeelovers near my appartment, but two - actually, Maastricht is quite small, so I could count all of them close to my appartment. Still, I've only been to the biggest of them. This Coffeelovers has a very cosy interior, with different-sized tables and some comfortable armchairs to enjoy a while there, as well as regular chairs and long stools. On the frontside there is a bookshelf holding some eye-pleasing books about art, photography, travel and film and some fashion and design magazines are also scattered around the place. As soon as the sun begins to shine, they also lay some tables outside and their terraces are always fully packed.


Coffeelovers main business is indeed coffee but they also serve a great variety of teas and other cold drinks and they catter for delicious food as well. My faves are the French Breakfast, which includes two croissants with butter and jam and a cup of coffee or tea. I also like their chicken sandwichs and ciabattas and to drink I usually go for their special 'Droum vaan Mestreecht' tea (which means Dream of Maastricht in the local Limburg dialect). I don't drink coffee but I've heard that they serve very good coffee and their pastries also look delicious. It is a bit pricey, but not more than any Starbucks will be.




I had never blogged about cafés or restaurants before and I don't think I'll be doing it very often, mostly because I rarely eat out. Boyfriend and I both like cooking and we usually enjoy a home-made meal more than eating at any fancy restaurant. But there are always exceptions and we've found a couple of great places in Maastricht I would like to show you before leaving -sigh - with Coffeelovers being one of them. If you ever happen to visit Maastricht, this is sure a place to stop by for a cuppa coffee or tea.

Have a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

  1. If you still want to consider yourself a fan of Sofia Coppola, I strongly suggest avoiding Somewhere & The Bling Ring!

    Maastricht is another place on my 'list of places in the Netherlands I'm desperate to visit' so when I finally get there... and I'm sure I will, I'll have to check this place out. It looks lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Los fines de semana son para eso, para relajarse y hacer cosas distintas. Me alegro de que puedas disfrutarlos dándote un "brunch" en un sitio tan especial como este coffeelovers que tiene una pinta estupenda.Bsazos, wpa y espero que pases un gran fin de semana:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Pilar! La verdad que ha sido un buen finde: picnic en la ciudad y playa el domingo, no me puedo quejar! :)
      Espero que tú tb lo pasases genial y que tengas una semana estupenda. Besos!

      Delete
  3. Irene, this was really nice. I love looking at places in other parts of the world. Coffelovers is cute! I want to take a bite of that delicious sandwich. HaHaHa And their desserts look delectable. I so appreciate you sharing this.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you enjoy it! I also like it when you write this kind of posts and I think is something nice to do once in a while. But as I said, I don't eat out that often, so I dn't know that many cool places hehehe

      Delete
  4. It looks so very good! Honestly, I will still be dreaming of it by the time I wake up tomorrow!.. I think I'll look out for this if I ever visit Maastricht..

    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the interior of Coffeelovers. The browns do make me crave for another cup of coffee despite just having finished one. Looks like a great destination for a good brekkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good if you like it, after all you're an expert in interior design ;)
      It is a really nice place to spend a couple of lazy hours!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...