Monday, July 1, 2013

July 2013: A Year of Blogging

Dear reader, dear blog (and dear me, in case not so many readers pass by ...),

A year ago I started this blog of mine with these exact words. I had little idea of where this new adventure would take me and, according to my first words, I had even less faith in this blog project. A year later, I am very happy to see that Away from Tenerife is still alive and in tip-top condition and I am also very thankful for the little, yet meaningful, things it's given me. Thanks to this blog of mine I've fallen in love with writing again, I've taken up challenges I never thought of before (365project, 30 before 30) and I've got to know some lovely ladies who are the bright minds behind some of the most inspiring blogs. I've loved reading some adventurous stories by Frankie of As the Bird flies and some moving tales by Arni of Travel Gourmande; I've enjoyed the beauty and lifestyle tips by Kim of A Very Sweet Blog and Laia of City-aholic; I've taken great fashion advice from some girls with a unique style, Bree of The Urban Umbrella, Pilar of Petit Colibri and Marlen of Messages on a Napkin; and lately I've been addicted to the optimistic take on life prescripted by Casey of We Took The Road Less Traveled and Jenni of Story of My Life. I have to say that the social side of blogging came as total surprise, but a very rewarding one! And of course, I'm also very grateful for all your loving reactions and comments - that was a great incentive to keep up with blogging! So, a big THANK YOU to all my lovely readers who've made this journey even more enjoyable!

July looks like a great month ahead and not only because it starts celebrating this blog anniversary. I am terribly happy because last week I finally finished all my study duties and that means that I'm finally free! Ok, I have to work two or three day a week but that still leaves four days a week to relax and daytrip around the Netherlands, and border countries, before leaving. I already started last Saturday in Cologne (more about it coming soon) and this weekend some friends are coming over and we're going to Amsterdam on Saturday -another reason to be sooo happy. Besides, I would also like to visit Delft and Leiden in the Netherlands and Dusseldorf in Germany. The list goes on, but as I have to  pack all my stuff and start applying for jobs I think it'll be better not to overdo my daytripping.

Finally, a small update on my 365 project. I'm almost at 50% progress, a really exciting milestone! June wasn't a very good month. I took too many photos of my study notes and I didn't feel that I my technique was improving at all. Hopefully, I'll feel more inspired this month and I wan to try and do a project within this project - I plan to spend July taking photos of eye-catching details of Maastricht, as this is my last month here. Let's see how it goes! This is my favourite photo of June, you can check the whole month here.



Have an amazing July!

6 comments:

  1. Irene, happy blog anniversary! That is so awesome! It's only been a year? You post like a pro. Doll, I love reading your blog! You have taught me so much about places I've never been to, heard or seen. It's been a real eye opener for me. You're such a blessing. Congratulations on completing your studies. I know what that feels like. HaHaHa Now the job search. Good luck to you and may you find something that brings you happiness. You're doing great on your photography project. Just keep it up! Thank you for the shout out! You really touched my heart. May our friendship continue! :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Your comments are always so cheerful :)
      It's been great to get to know you, even if it's just via blogging! May our friendship continue!

      Delete
  2. Felicidades por este primer aniversario, Irene. Me hubiera gustado felicitarte ayer que era el día exacto pero estuve tan liada...bueno, espero que fuera un gran día y sobre todo espero y deseo que el blog te dé muchas alegrías.Bsinss, wpa :)
    Por cierto, la foto es muy bonita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUCHAS GRACIAS! Poco importa un día de retraso, lo que cuenta son los buenos deseos :)
      Un beso enorme!

      Delete
  3. yaaay happy one year anniversary! what an exciting milestone- and how wonderful is it having all your thoughts catalouged about the year in one spot? and thank you for the shout out, that meant a lot to me :) it seems like i'm in the company of some fabulous ladies- i'm definitely checking out a few of those blogs. and yay for finally being free and going to travel to so many places. hopefully there will be pictures ;)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the one year blog anniversary. I've just come across your blog (after clicking around from a different travel blog) and I've really enjoyed reading some of your posts. I'm crazy about the Netherlands, so I've loved reading those ones especially. I'm going back to Amsterdam shortly (on my own, ah scary) and hope to see more of the Netherlands while I'm out there! I've followed you and am looking forward to reading more posts :)

    Elizabeth
    www.iamnotblonde.net xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...