Monday, August 5, 2013

Bye bye, Maastricht ...

Bye, bye, Maastricht,
het was gezellig en ik zal je missen
maar het wordt al tijd voor een nieuw avontuur *


It seems only yesterday that I arrived to Maastricht and now my time there is definitely over. Two years ago and with only a couple of suitcases in the car Boyfriend and I drove nervously to Maastricht. We were moving together to a foreign country and we had little idea of what to expect, even though we both had already lived abroad. We soon realised that we had nothing to worry about and started to enjoy our time in this new home to us. After two wonderful years filled with hundreds of happy moments leaving Maastricht has been a hard thing to do. Goodbye became a bittersweet word and I was almost grieving when driving away. I even shed a tear or two but as soon as Maastricht was fading in the distance I was back to my usual happy self. I will miss Maastricht but I truly believe that we'll be back someday, even if it's just for a holiday. In the meantime I'll try my best not to forget too much of the Dutch language and I'll treasure all the happy memories I've made in Maastricht.


I will never forget the delicious brunchs at Coffelovers or the lovely sunny days laying on the grass. I know that sipping ice-tea outside will never compare to the many afternoons spent on the many charming terraces on the cobbled streets and squares of Maastricht with a glass of sparkling ice-tea - yep, you read well, sparkling ice-tea, something I've only found in Belgium and the Netherlands so far. 

I will always miss my cosy studio with its three big windows which flooded my days with light from dawn till dusk. And I'll always have a place in my heart for all the nice people and lovely friends who made my life in Maastricht so enjoyable and filled my arms with so many unexpected presents before leaving. I was speechless and deeply touched.



That was all for now!
* Bye, bye, Maastricht
It was a lovely time and I'll miss you
But it is already time for a new adventure.



14 comments:

  1. oh my, I have same feeling all the time, time is running amazingly fast! I'm sure this trip was really unforgettable and all those memories will always warm you up) Lovely snapshots as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! I also have the feeling that time is slipping off my fingers. Luckily I can now relax and enjoy some weeks just for myself :)
      Hope you're having a great holiday!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm not good with goodbyes. It must have been hard. I love the way you've captured all of those beautiful memories you had in Maastricht. This place will always have a place in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm no good with goodbyes either and as years pass by I become more and more sentimental! I have many good memories from my time in Maastricht that I will cherish from now on, that's the beauty of life :)

      Delete
  3. It will always be with you Irene. I know it was hard, but keep moving forward my friend. New adventures await! Can't wait to read about them :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment :)
      I'm also looking forward to every new adventure to come!

      Delete
  4. Dos años has estado viviendo en Maastricht?! vaya, cuánto tiempo! Espero que esta nueva etapa que empiezas en otra parte( quizás en tu Tenerife?) te vaya fenomenal. Bss,wpa:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, la verdad que dos años es bastante tiempo. Ahora toca empezar de nuevo en Suiza, a ver como va todo, aunque en breve me voy una par de semanas a Tenerife de vacaciones :)

      Delete
  5. Buena suerte Irene, aunque te de un poco de penita ahora seguro que lo q viene será mejor, hay que empezar las nuevas aventuras con ilusión y energía.
    besote guapa y aunque echarás de menos Maastrich te deseo lo mejor en la nueva etapa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Laia! La verdad que ilusión y energía no faltan, ahora sólo falta que la suerte acompañe en esta nueva etapa :)

      Delete
  6. Que suerte, que sitio tan bonito, ahora cambio.

    Besos

    http://rinconcreacion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, la verdad que he tenido suerte de haber pasado un par de años geniales en un sitio tan bonito. Ahora a empezaren otra ciudad igualmente bonita :)

      Delete
  7. Looks like a wonderful place, I hope your new adventure is just as great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, Kizzy!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...