Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 2013: a month of beginnings

September is a month where many things begin anew. Children go back to school, most people resume their working life after the holidays and autumn starts as well during this month. September is also the month for many people to make resolutions to finally change their life (dieting, going to the gym, taking up a new hobby and the like). For, as I've never fully kicked out the student in me - well, it's only been two months since I handed in my thesis and finished my degree but it seems like a lifetime to me - September feels almost like the beginning of the year to me. And for this 'new' year I plan to study Russian and to find a job as soon as possible.  It would also be nice to practice enough to speak German fluently again and to see my photography skills improve significantly. But I don't want to be too ambitious, so for this year I want to make the most of every minute and enjoy every special moment. And what a better way to start than enjoying my last week of holidays in Tenerife.

In the last couple of weeks I've been catching up with my friends here and swimming regularly and I've loved it! I usually go swimming to Bajamar, a coastal village in the north of Tenerife with two big swimming-pools by the shore filled with sea water. Not only is it a fine place to bathe but also a great spot to enjoy a wonderful sunset. And a sunset in Bajamar is precisely one of my favorite photos from last month in my 365 project. You can view the whole month here.


Oh, and one last thing I'm starting this month as well is a twitter account. Yes, I'm new to Twitter and you can find me and follow me at @Awayfromtfe. It's still in the making, so I guess it'll take me a while to fully understand how it works but I'm so excited about having a new way to keep in touch with you all!

What are you up to this month? Taking up some exciting challenge? Planning to do something totally new?
Have a successful September!


10 comments:

  1. También para mí septiembre es como el comienzo de un año nuevo; un nuevo año escolar al menos. Te deseo mucha suerte con la búsqueda de trabajo y con lo de aprender ruso. Me has dejado alucinada!! debe de ser muy interesante.Ah! espero que lo pases genial en Tenerife. Bss, Irene:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mucha suerte a tí tb, Pilar, con la vuelta al cole, que en tu caso es literal, aunque en el otro lado de la clase :)

      Delete
  2. Irene, this is so true. I love going into a new season. I've been cleaning and preparing for Autumn/Winter. The house and myself! It's a chance to get rid of the old and start anew. It's a great feeling. Glad you're having an awesome time my friend. Do what you LOVE each and every day.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like trasitioning to a new season, especially for Autumn/Winter. I love everything about it! The warm clothes, the cosy evenings in, the hearty food, the chilly mornings and the thought of Christmas drawing near. Bring it on!

      Delete
  3. Parece que todas tenemos la misma sensación de "comienzo" en Septiembre, da igual el tiempo que hace que terminamos de estudiar... es una sensación de por vida, yo creo... Feliz Septiembre y suerte con todos tus proyectos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely feel like September is a new beginning too! It's my birthday month and the transition to fall here, so I always look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time flies so fast. Have a great time embracing the coming of fall. We're welcoming a much needed cold breeze in the desert. A few weeks more and we can enjoy dining al fresco. September makes me think that Christmas is just around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me! I'm already looking forward to Christmas! And I'm also ready to welcome colder days after a hot summer - and also the new fashion trends that come together with the autumn/winter season :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous pool! And I never thought of September in this way before. It's actually one of my favorite months :)

    xx.
    fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a great pool! I also like September, probably my favourite month after December and October :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...