Monday, September 9, 2013

Snapshots of Tenerife

Holidays are over! After almost three weeks of glorious sunsets by the sea, some hours well spent swimming, drinks with lovely friends and interesting sightseeing with my parents, it is now time to readjust to normal life. I landed in Switzerland last Saturday evening and during that night I was greeted by a powerful thunderstorm, as if to remind me that I had just landed in reality. Yesterday was raining most of the day but today the sun is shining again so it cannot be that bad to be back. I'm actually happy to be back. I'm quite excited about my favourite season being around the corner (yay, autumn is almost here), I was very looking forward to seeing Boyfriend again and I'm ready to pick up my life just were I left before the holidays. Looking for a job and an appartment, that's it. But in the meantime and before autumn is officialy here, I'll linger into the sunny memories of my last holidays and share some of them with you.

I didn't do as much as I would've liked to but still I had a great time and did quite a lot of sightseeing. Santa Cruz, La Laguna, Puerto de la Cruz, Candelaria, Bajamar and Adeje are some of the places I visited - I think the longest distance in Tenerife is about 100 Km, so it's not difficult to rummage everything in a couple of days. Unlike the previous couple of times I had been back to my home island, this time I left feeling lovestruck. It seemed to me as if Tenerife had had a facelift and it looked prettier than ever. I cannot tell there has been any drastic change but many minor improvements have made it a more attractive island with new experiences to offer. Despite the credit crunch and the sky-rocketing unemployment rate, Tenerife (and the Canary Islands) has found some relief in the many revolts associated to the Arab Spring, as many European and Spanish tourists who favoured more exotic destinations in the Middle East region are now choosing for a peaceful stay in Tenerife. Hopefully, this sudden sign of economic recovery will not be a mirage and Tenerife will become once more a top-class holiday destination. Here are some photos I took while in Tenerife, isn't is gorgeous?











Summer 2013 is coming to an end, any plans to make this summer feeling last on or looking forward to happily transitioning to fall?
Have a lovely week!

16 comments:

  1. Espectaculares puestas de sol. Unas fotos preciosas, me alegro de que disfrutaras estas tres semanitas en tu tierra. También mi estación favorita es el otoño,jeejej. Bss, Irene:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Pilar! La verdad que he aprovechado lo más que he podido por Tenerife, que ya no sé cuando será la próxima vez!
      Me alegro de no ser la única a la que le encanta el otoño porque casi todo el mundo tira más por el verano jeje

      Delete
  2. hey irene! those photos are breathtaking! so beautiful. thanks for sharing. i think that's the economic climate everywhere. unemployment is high in the States and looming war with Syria is not helping. i've been really getting into Fall. it's definitely in the air. prepping myself and the house for it :) have an amazing week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Kim! The economic climate has been terrible in Spain in the last years and I don't know when things will start to get better. But moving into happier things, fall can also be felt around here. At least temperatures have dropped a bit and it rains more often. Looking forward to fall :)

      Delete
  3. It's always so hard to say goodbye to summers, isn't it? Especially when you have a summer you just described. I'm jealous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed hard. I didn't think that way back when I lived in Tenerife, as we had a year-round summer (sort of) but now that I get to experience the four different seasons in Europe I cherish summer a bit more :)

      Delete
  4. Cheers to a new season and new beginnings! I like the feeling shown in the last three images, marking the end of summer. I wish we have fall here. We are looking forward to the cooler weather the -ber months will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, we don't really have Autumn/Winter in Tenerife either. That's one of the things I loved when I first spent a year in Europe, seeing the seasons change :)
      I hope the cool weather begins sooner than later for you in Dubai!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow...Tenerife truly is a gorgeous place! Your pictures are phenomenal - my favorite is the fourth one down. So beautiful. I hope the island continues to see a spike in tourism - it certainly looks worth the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures make me miss summer even more!! Tenerife looks absolutely amazing!
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corinne! I'm also going to miss the summer and Tenerife and hopefully Autumn will bring as many good things as the summer months :)

      Delete
  7. Autumn has arrived here too and it's raining! Your photos are lovely and bring back happy memories of our holiday in Tenerife a few years ago. Those tiles are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are stunning, just wonderful :) Autumn has indeed arrived, it's been raining today, so I haven't gotten much done. The Body Shop is expensive & I only go in there for the sales. Although, the lady that works at my one here isn't so nice, so I order online or go in when I go into the city store. But, I do love the body butters :)) I hope you have a great day doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It still rains in Switzerland, I'm afraid summer is really over!
      I think I remember the ladies that work at The Body Shop in Tenerife not being that nice either, but maybe they're just mean because I look way too much and shop way too little :p

      Delete
  9. It's still summer here and VERY hot! Beaautiful photos, love all the beach/water shots, stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bree! I'm glad you like them :)
      I think autumn here came to stay.I've been back in Switzerland for less than a week and I'm already fed up of the rain!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...