Monday, September 23, 2013

Wanderlust - Autumn 2013

Summer is officially gone and autumn is here with its many wonderful treats. Shorter days, falling leaves, chilly evenings, warm clothes, pumpkin soup, roasted chestnuts and the countdown to Christmas! Ah, Autumn, how cosy you are! If you follow this blog you probably know by now that autumn is my favourite season, closely followed by winter. I love spending the rainy evenings at home with a good movie and a steamy cup of tea, but I also enjoy making the most of the last sunny days of the year. So what a better time to put together a list of the places I'd love to visit in the upcoming months? Because I'm still settling in my new life in Switzerland I'm not really planning any big trip but there are a couple of cities nearby I would like to discover before they're covered by a white mantle of snow.

Bern (Switzerland): I have only been to Bern once and I would like to see it again and visit the Einstein Museum. Besides, a temporary exhibition at the Museum of History is currently displaying the Terracotta Army. Dubbed as the eighth wonder of the anciant world, Boyfriend and I already missed it in Brussels last winter, so hopefully we won't miss the chance this time.


Freiburg (Germany): A shopping trip to Germany is always a good idea. I was once in Freiburg im Breisgau a couple of years ago and I found it a charming and tranquil city. Freiburg is only one hour from Basel by car and I'm sure it'll make for a nice Saturday trip again.


Colmar (France): I first read this and was impressed by these utterly beautiful photos of Colmar, then I spotted an exit sign to Colmar on my way to Switzerland and Boyfriend said that it was quite close to Basel and hinted that Colmar has quite a renown Christmas market. Enough reasons, I think ...


Ticino (Switzerland): The most southern part of Switzerland is an Italian-speaking canton which apparently looks more Italy than Switzerland and has some Mediterranean feel to it. I've never been to this part of the country and I'm sure Ticino would be a lovely destination to spend a weekend away to celebrate my birthday.


This is my humble travel wish list for autumn 2013, only a couple of daytrips but I'm really excited about these plans! And what about you? Have you already planned something to cure your wanderlust this autumn? Any travel wishes for this season? Feel free to share your travel plans - I love taking inspiration from fellow bloggers - and leave your link in a comment below. I'll be back with the wanderlust winter edition on 22nd December and try to host a link-up next time - let me know if you'd like to co-host!

Have a lovely week!

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

All photos taken from Wikimedia Commons. 

10 comments:

  1. Vaya! cuántos planes Irene.Es una suerte que puedas visitar todos estos sitios chulos, bueno...y que al visitarlos tú nos los traigas a nosotros al blog.También el otoño es mi estación favorita. Me encantan tanto los días de sol con temperaturas fresquitas como esos en los que llueve y ves pasar el día por la ventana, el viento que mueve las hojas por la calle....ainss....qué sensación de paz y hogar. Bss, wpa:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mí tb me encantan todas esas sensaciones otoñales, como tu dices, es una estación de paz y tranquilidad para disfrutar y descansar en casa :)
      A ver si realmente visito todos esos sitios, que a veces me paso de buenas intenciones jejeje

      Delete
  2. Awesome travel wish list Irene. It's nice that they're not far away. There's so much around us to do. You don't have to go far to escape :) Just promise you'll document each trip. I would love to see. I was suppose to go to Texas, but those plans fell through. So I haven't planned anything. Oh well. LOL Have a great week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my bestto take nice pics, Kim ;)
      Pity that your plans to visit Texas will not go through ... but who knows, maybe you'll have some last minute surprise :D

      Delete
  3. A fantastic and very realistic list! It's good to make these lists realistic or otherwise we get carried away and ignore the charms on offer close to home, sometimes my dreaming gets in the way of my doing! :-D Frankie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm getting better at making realistic lists, though dreaming comes more than usually before my doing - nice words! :D

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of making day trip travel plans. They all look lovely and I'm sure the road trip itself makes it all even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like making travel plans - whether for a day or a week!
      Hope you already have some travel plans for this autumn, if work duties allow :)

      Delete
  5. What a great list! Can't wait to see photos when you go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making day trip lists! And wow, Colmar looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...