Friday, November 1, 2013

November 2013: Blogging hiatus

Hello, my lovely readers! Today I have quite a bittersweet announcement to make but before that I wanted to thank you for all the beautiful birthday wishes I received from you. Much appreciated, so THANK YOU!
Now, back to the bittersweet part, as you have probably guessed from the title of this post, I'm taking a blogging break during this month of November to take care of a real life issue that needs my full-time attention and dedication. 

Last week I received a long awaited mail inviting me to take part in the entrance examination for a program I had applied back in July. I was filled with mixed emotions, excitement and fear at the time, but decided to start to prepare for it straight away - hence the scarcity of posts in the last two weeks and the decision of taking a not-so-short vacation from blogging. This wasn't an easy decision to take. Part of me was thinking that I had already gone through a year studying full-time and working part-time, plus blogging as well, and survived through it all but the other part of me knew that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Chances of failure are higher than high and if I do fail, I want to do it proudly, having done my very best, otherwise I will regret it. So, thanks for your understanding!

I haven't decided yet what to do with my 365 project. I find it hard to believe that I've got as far as taking a photo a day for ten whole months in a row. I'll probably try to keep up, even if I end up putting together a month of crappy pictures, but I won't feel guilty if I miss a day. Or maybe I should skip this month altogether, as well. I don't know but in the meantime, here's my October's favourite. You can view the whole month here.


So, that's all for a while! I'll try to keep with my beloved reads because it's very unlikely that I will be studying 24/7 (I wish I could, but I know I can't) and you can check Rowdy Fairy, where I'll be guest posting in the upcoming week - you should check it anyways, because it is a great blog with beautifully crafted posts about everything and anything, about life in Brisbane, travel tales and weekend tips. Here some of my fave,

10 Must Haves for an Elegant Tea Party
Our Secret Piece of Paradise
Europe You're Funny!

See you in December! Have a greatastic November!

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Jo, me da pena que tengas que hacer una "pausa" en el blog :(
    Yo quería seguir viendo esas fotos otoñales tan bonitas del centro de Europa.Sin embargo creo que es una gran oportunidad para ti esto que se te ofrece y me alegro mucho por ti.
    En cuanto a la recomendación del otro blog, muchas gracias, Irene.
    Bss y te deseo lo mejor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! I hope you can take care of everything! I can't wait to read more from you again! See you soon! I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene, I'm so happy for you! That definitely should take priority! Congratulations!!! Keep us posted! You're making the right decision. :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and all the best to this new adventure. Congrats as well for the 365 project. It takes a lot of effort and discipline to take photos everyday. I realized it's not as easy as it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, I definitely think this is the right thing for you to do. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Irene! That is very exciting and it's good to take a break when you need it, especially for such a big life event. The 365 project definitely sounds like a lot of work too.

    xo from San Francisco & Switzerland
    -Dale
    http://www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully we will hear from you again! Wish you all the best and take care, dear!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your exam Irene and looking forward to your return to blogging! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey irene! i'm just reading your beautiful message. i miss you doll. please keep in touch. good luck to you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...