Saturday, March 1, 2014

A photo a day in February

February has been quite an odd month for me, short but intense and equally sweet and sour. I have learnt that life can be totally unpredictable and that it rarely goes according to plan. I've been feeling slightly overwhelmed by my ever-changing reality and at some point I just wanted to tuck in bed and watch days pass by from under my duvet. But I didn't, I managed to step up and face reality - and not everything was bad, as it unexpectedly took me to Dublin. Luckily, some things stay the same and I really hope they'll never change, even if life's road is rocky and winding.

Despite all this uncertainty, on 1st February I started taking a photo a day again. I had already completed a 365 project last year and took a break during January but I realized that I missed my daily photos. Though I didn't think I wanted to embark on the whole journey again, I decided to do a monthly project and see how it goes - and maybe I'll keep it like that, as monthly projects whenever I feel like, instead of a huge project that requires and equally huge commitment.

This month I decided to challenge myself and only take photos with my mobile phone, something I don't do very often. It was a fun thing and somehow relaxed thing to do, as I didn't bother that much about settings or quality. I just try to have a nice memory from each day and this is part of the result. You can check the whole month here.







Besides the unexpected trip to Dublin, another highlight of February was a surprise that came via post. On 6th February I received a parcel from Arni of Travel Gourmande containing a card with the witty quote 'Keep camels and eat dates', some beautifully colourful coasters and a book. I was really happy to when the postman delivered the parcel and I really like these small presents. I read the book in less than a week and I so enjoyed it! The depiction of daily life in Dubai somehow reminded me to many of the stories I have read on Arni's blog and I was also surprised by some aspects of life in Dubai that I would've never expected (like a strict expat hierarchy in which certain nationalities come very well off while other are totally at the bottom and despised by the rest of society). A really insightful read!

What were your finest moments in February?
Looking forward to March and spring?

Have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!

    That looks like a really intresting book, I visited Dubai a few times growing up and have really good memories from there. It does have a dark side, but thankfully we are now seeing the start of a change.

    Feburary was an amazing month for me, visiting Iceland and falling just a little bit in love, March is going to be slow because I am saving for my next holiday, but slow can also be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like you had a very interesting childhood :)

      Oh, February must have been really great for you with a trip to Iceland under the belt. That's a country I would love to visit some day. I think March will also be slow but busy around here as we're moving to a new appartment, but you never know!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! It's so cool that you got a surprise package in the mail! I will check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very, very nice to get a surprise package. And I loved everything that was inside :)

      Delete
  3. Pero pensé que nos ibas a poner 28 fotos! Son muy bonitas. Me encanta la del cristal con la lluvia. Seguro que en marzo nos traes muchas más. Bss, Irene:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Irene! perdona mi pesadez pero...no te gustaría participar en el sorteo? está abierto a Europa.Ya me dices, vale? Bss:)

      Delete
    2. Gracias por la invitación y por el comentario jeje
      Me alegro de que te gusten las fotos. Poner 28 me parece demasiado, además no todas valen la pena :)

      Delete
  4. Irene, I love those coasters! The artwork is so cool. You did great with your cell phone camera. The quality is beautiful. You hang in there girl. ((hug))
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're really pretty! And I love the colours!
      I'm actually surprised by how good phone cameras are. They take high quality photos and usually get all the settings right, so no need to worry about contrasts, light and the like. Amazing!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...