Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Sunday (from Maastricht)

No, I'm not back in Maastricht, sigh, but I just came across this video on Facebook and I really had to share it with you because it brought me many good memories of my happy times in Maastricht and put me in a really good mood, like, whatever this week has in store, bring it on!

Whenever I turn on the radio, it is more than likely that Pharrell Williams' Happy will be aired any minute, the song is really popular in Switzerland right now and I'm really into it. I love it! And when I saw this video this morning I couldn't help but smile and dance along. That's Maastricht, the lovely, crazy, beautiful city I lived in for two years! I recognized every place in the video, though I don't know anyone on it. Minute 0:10, that's the square in front of my Maastrict appartment; minute 1:17, that's the bridge I crossed everyday to go to work or to uni; minute 1:20, that's the university library, where I spent so many hours reading last year; and the list goes on but those were the most significative places to me.


You can read more about Maastricht and my life there here, here, here and here.

Have a Happy Sunday!!!

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

p.s. Speaking of Maastricht, one my great friends there has also a blog to showcast her photography works, which include A LOT of Maastricht beauty. Her photographs are simply awesome, you can see it here.

11 comments:

  1. Maastricht yesterday:
    http://invertstories.blogspot.nl/2014/03/a-walk-to-supermarket-maastricht.html

    Miss you :) Hope you decide to visit us here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can visit any time soon :) Miss you too!

      Delete
  2. That's great! Maastricht looks like such a cool city! Thanks for sharing! And I will check out your friend's work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maastricht was rather cool even though it was a very classic city at the same time. And a lovely place to live for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Irene, I'm so glad you shared this! I love that song! It always makes me SMILE. It was so good seeing the people and places there. Loved this!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too and always smile when it comes on the radio. I even feel like dancing to it :D

      Delete
  4. Qué vído más chulo y la música está genial. Ya me has animado la tarde. Bss:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jeje me alegro! Se ve que la gente del vídeo se lo pasó genial haciéndolo y es contagioso :)

      Delete
  5. How lovely to have a video that triggers such good feeling and happy memories! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I didn't know you started as an expat in the Netherlands, I am currently in Hilversum! I havn't made my way to Maastricht yet, but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I spent two years in Maastricht and loved life in the Netherlands. It is such a relaxed and cosy country. Sadly I left Maastricht last summer but I'd love to go back, even if it's just on holidays :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...