Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Photowalk: Spring in Basel

Spring made a very early appearance in Switzerland this year, at least in Basel. Several weeks before its official start date temperatures well already nearing the 20ºC, the sun was shining brightly and trees and flowers were blossoming beautifully. Then spring came and thick clouds covered the sky and it began to rain for days. We hadn't had a single snowflake during winter and last Monday there was even hail! Temperatures seem to be now on the rise and though the sun is shining shyly in the mornings again. I can tell that spring is really here to stay and here are some photos to prove it. Some of them were actually taken during the last weeks of winter and others yesterday but all of them are pretty to me. Taking a walk during these early spring days is definitely a pleasure for the eye.





Basel, Switzerland

Basel, Switzerland


Basel Jean Tinguely fountain

Basel Rhein

Basel Muenster

Basel Marktplazt

Have a lovely Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. Those are some very nice, spring-y pictures! So jealous, it's still snowing where I am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Polly! Actually I've missed seeing snow this year but I guess that right now I'm more in the mood for srping than snow :)

      Delete
  2. qué colores tan bonitos tienen los árboles en Basilea! y qué suerte de temperaturas . Aquí nos hizo bueno la semana pasada pero esta han bajado bastante las temperaturas y hace un frío invernal. Disfruta de la primavera, Irene y muéstranos más fotos.Bss:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aquí tb bajaron las temperaturas esta semana y sobre todo a principio de semana parecía que fuera invierno de nuevo. Pero la verdad que Basilea tiene un clima increíble y ahora está preciosa :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! It just snowed yesterday and I'm wishing for some flowers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Irene! Everything is blooming! It looks so beautiful. Flowers have finally begun blooming here too. It makes me so happy to see. I love the color.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good to read that you're finally seeing an end to the cold and long winter you've had this year!
      Hopefully you'll show some spring photos form New Orleans :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, your pictures are always so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing! I wish I would be able to take such fantastic pictures. You really have some great weather over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed here on the first day of Spring and dropped back to below freezing temperatures. So you might say I am a bit jealous of your beautiful weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I'm actually a bit jealous of the snow because we've had zero snow this winter (and I've really missed it!) But I'm happy spring is here :)

      Delete
  7. Ah, I love those trees! Spring looks gorgeous over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I also think that spring is gorgeous here! I really like living in a place where you get the four different seasons :)

      Delete
  8. wonderful impressions! i was in basel two times.
    i also love the jean tinguely artwork :)
    kisses
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spriiiiing is cooooming. It's official. I did say this on one of my posts though and was corrected by an Australian who said that actually, Autumn was coming for her! I love this world sometimes. But yes, for me the sun is slowly peeping from the clouds and flowers are blossoming already which I find soo unusual because you would never get that in England. Hope you're doing well Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...