Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A big THANK YOU!

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter holiday and are enjoying a wonderful spring - I don't know about you but we continue having an amazing weather here in Basel with temperatures well over the 20ºC, though we had some rain and a couple of chilly days past weekend. I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like to in the last week because I have just moved to a new appartment with Boyfriend and we don't have any internet connection yet. Besides, I may not be blogging very frequently in the next weeks (maybe months) because several major changes are about to take place in my otherwise ordinary life. I have moved, I am going to Tenerife for a week of holidays next Tuesday and I am putting an end to my imposed sabbatical year in June, as I have already found a job. I will not tell you just yet but this also implies some more unexpected changes in my life. Just hinting, I will be changing countries again very soon ... but I'm just not revealing the whole story yet, in case some last-minute change redefines my erratic existence for the nth time this year.

thank you sticky note

Anyway, the first and main reason for writing this post and to THANK YOU all my lovely readers for your inconditional support and kind words. Thank you for your happy thoughts, thank you for the good vibes and positive energy you've sent my way, thank you for your prayers. Life can be a weird and unpredictable thing but I am more than happy for having found a good job after almost a year in unemployment. Moreover, I don't know if you still remember when I took a blogging break last November to fully concentrate on studying for the exam of a competetive recruitment program (thank you again for your nice wishes back then). Well, if you don't remember and want to go back in time you can read it here and if you do remember, I am thrilled to tell you that last week I just got a long awaited mail saying that I had passed the exam. I just couldn't believe it when I saw my candidate number among the lucky ones, my hands started to shake and soon I was shivering. In the end, all those lonely studying weeks, the nights reading about international organizations and the huge effort memorizing statistic formulas were not fruitless, for I have made it to the next phase. I have been convoked for an interview, so I'll be busy during the upcoming few weeks preparing myself for this next step. Yet another good reason to ease up on my blogging schedule.

I am not taking an official pause from blogging this time but I might be quite under the radar in the next few months. I will try to blog when I do have time, especially if I have something worth sharing, and I will keep up with all my favourite reads when a reliable internet connection allows. Oh, and any day soon - possibly today - you may find me guest-posting over Have Ashley, Will Travel, sharing some of the good things that traveling has taught me. And if I'm not there yet, you can always have a good time reading Ashley's happy blog, a sort of personal journal where she keeps track of her past and present travels, offers a glimpse of her daily life and shares some yummy recipes every now and then.

So, until the next post. And once again, THANK YOU for being dear readers and friends!
Have a lovely week!


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job and the exam. Life can be so hectic with a lot of happenings. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Irene! :) I hope you are having a great time in your new apartment and your trip to Tenerife will be wonderful! I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eso suena genial!! Me alegro mucho por ti y por estas nuevas expectativas en el mundo laboral que ahora se te abren. Muchísima suerte! te deseo lo mejor. Bss:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene, I knew the right job would find you doll! You're so accomplished, I knew it would happen. I am ecstatic for you. Good Luck! I wish you the best and do keep in touch when you can. Safe travels doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene, your life seems so exciting and you seem so spontaneous! Being here, there and everywhere, making changes in your life; I am only jealous I can't do the same. Congratulations on your job news. It sounds like it was a tough gig and you had a pretty rad time getting yourself through it all, but it all paid off in the end. Let us know more when you have definites, especially on this exciting job front. Hope all continues to go well for you. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging through moves... I feel you! I have a big move coming up myself and I have begun working on posts double time to get myself ahead a bit. I hope to stay on track, but I have to be realistic! I'm sure there will be some weeks with less than normal activity on my part. Enjoy your move, and all the wonderful changes!

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best to your big move and congrats on the exam. Take care. Big hugs XX.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you all the best to your big move and congrats on the exam. Take care. Big hugs XX.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your post again. :) I am thinking of you and wishing you well with everything going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...