Thursday, May 1, 2014

A photo a day in April

Another month is gone and we're already in May. It's been a while since I last wrote here but there is still no internet in our new appartment and I'm currently enjoying a week of holidays in my home island. Tenerife, that's it. A week of sunshine, a week of friends, a week of fine Canarian food, a week of family gatherings, and I've even been lucky enough to glimpse some snow on top of El Teide volcano. Snow! In May! In Tenerife! I don't believe it myself but this winter has been incredibly cold in Tenerife and even spring brought some late snowfalls.

Anyway, back in April I was taking a photo a day again. This time I focused on my baby plants. I had never done this before but when I moved to our new appartment I decided to start a small city garden and I have some herbs and cherry tomatoes. As I had never planted anything before I didn't know what to expect. I had no idea on much water these plants needed, how much sunlight or how long they would take to grow. And I was totally amazed when just in a couple of weeks my coriander and basil pots were already grown with big fragrant leaves. If you want to take a peek, here are some photos of the cherry tomatoes - see how much they've grown in just a month!




But the same plants everyday can become quite tedious, if photographed day after day, so I also went out and took some pics of many of the blossoms in town. After a very mild winter, spring started with glorious weather, more like summer than spring. The sun was shining everyday and temperatures were unusually high for that time of the year. Only in the second half of April did we have some April showers and more springy weather.





I hope you enjoy these pics. You can view the whole month here.

Have a lovely weekend and a happy May!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all the flowers! And you really have a green thumb! I am sure I would have killed the tomatoes already! I love planting but I am never really lucky! Have fun at your home! Enjoy everything, even the snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi flor favorita son los tulipanes blancos ; estos de tus fotos ( aunque no son blancos)son preciosos, los rojos parecen amapolas. Por cierto, espero que pronto tengas tomatitos y los puedas comer. Nos tienes que enseñara cuando salgan. Bss:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is well Irene. Enjoy yourself. I want to start a few potted plants myself. I don't think I'll get to it this year, but maybe next. Yours looks great.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So rewarding to see them grow. It's so uplifting watching the flowers bloom everywhere. They're so pretty. Have a lovely vacation, Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I love planting/gardening - I currently don't have much space to have a little collection, but when I get a place of my own with Hubby, I will get some more plant (currently have one orchid)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know you are enjoying yourself! I love foraging veggies from our own gardens, but it is so cold in the UK, tomatoes don't do so well over here. A greenhouse is what we need. Luckily our neighbour has one and she is lovely enough to give us a huge load of fresh, organic cherry tomatoes from her patch. Hope you continue to do well. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...