Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Happy Life Offline

For the last couple of months I have been quite away from Blogland, posting once every one or two weeks and commenting even less often (my apologies! I know that's not nice). First I had moved to a new apartment with Boyfriend in Switzerland and it took ages to get telephone, tv and internet connection installed; and then I had a poor quality internet connection here in Dublin, though all of a sudden the situation seems to have improved drastically and now internet seems to work quite fine in my room. Yay! However, I have to admit that I didn't really miss spending the evenings in front of my laptop or the pressure of having something ineresting to share here twice or thrice a week. Actually I was rather happy and I don't think I am ready yet to give up this new found freedom. Seriously, not being able to be online 24/7 can be a very liberating feeling.

During the past weeks I have been getting acquainted with Dublin, a city almost unfamiliar to me. The weather has been incredibly nice - almost two weeks of no rain and temperatures over 20ºC - and that only calls for lots of outdoors time. I have been exploring my new surroundings, I have been going for long walks in the park, I have been sitting outside basking in the evening sun, I have even made a small trip to the coast. Overall, I have been enjoying life more and also falling for Dublin big time. The city is just gorgeous and I like the relaxed vibe around it. Plus, it lies just by the sea, so it is really easy to daytrip to the coast and to spend a day on the beach. Anyway, ask me in a couple of months about my feelings for Dublin and I might tell you a totally different story, once the weather goes back to its rainy ways. But until then, I will make the most of the long summer days and have fun exploring Dublin and its neighbouring areas. Here are some photos from the past weeks, hopefully showing you how lovely Dublin can be when the sun is out.

Dublin St Stephens Green

Dublin O'Connell Bridge

Dublin St Stephens Green

Dublin Ha'Penny Bridge

Dublin Trinity College

Dublin St Patricks Cathedral

Dublin Iveagh Gardens

Dublin Iveagh Gardens

Dublin Temple Bar


Thanks for all your comments and love :)
Have a lovely week!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! I am happy that you are taking the time to explore your new city! Don't worry about blogging! Although I am glad that your internet works well now! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm glad Dublin is being nice to you so far…trust me, and you are right, it won't last long. I am back in the UK in a week and I'm sure I'll bring the rain along with me so if the weather throws up in a week or so, you know what that'll be down to. Glad you're getting out and about and seeing the sights. It can be a hard thing to do in a new country, very daunting and out of your comfort zone. It seems like you are a bit of an explorer anyway. Hope everything continues to go well for you and your internet holds up so you can keep on blogging! Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un sitio precioso para vivir. No conozco Dublin pero se ve mucho sol y si dices que estáis teniendo buen tiempo... eso es estupendo, espero que lo disfrutes un montón. Estas fotos me han recordado mucho a la película " Leap year" con Amy Addams recorriendo tierras irlandesas para llegar a Dublín y declararse a su novio y especialmente esa escena del final en la que están los dos protagonistas en este famoso parque del que muestras imágenes al principio del post. Te deseo todo lo mejor en estos momentos en Dublín. Bss:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you that you seem to be adjusting well while getting to know this new city. Totally understandable for being offline..I, myself have been very inconsistent on the blog for as long as I can remember especially lately. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such beautiful and sunny photos! My family is on a trip to Ireland right now and their photos seem so dreary, but still so very fun. They did make it to the Temple Bar which sounds like a blast! Excited to follow you on this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to live and work there Irene. It is gorgeous! I know how you feel. I am enjoying not being on the internet like I use to. HAHAHA It's fun getting out and exploring new places.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...