Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Second Blogiversary

Today marks two years since I started this small blog called Away from Tenerife. Can you believe it? I cannot believe it myself. When I started this journey two years ago I had no idea of where it would take me or how long it would last and now it's already been two years. Two years of sharing a part of my world with you, of writing stories about my travels, of journaling my experiences abroad, of getting to know some other wonderful bloggers out there and when I look back I can only smile and be happy about it. 

My life has changed quite a lot in the last two years and this blog has followed closely. I went from working full time to studying full time to being long-term unemployed to working full time again and during that time I've changed countries twice. What a crazy time it's been! Similarly, my blog started small, even hesitantly, grew stronger, paused for a while, gained a bit of momentum and eventually slowed down. All in all, I am glad that I've sticked for two years with something which might seems as irrelevant as writing a blog. But relevant or not, I enjoy doing this and right now I like where I stand - a small blog with insightful stories about my expat life. So here's to many more years of blogging to come! 

Something to celebrate? Bring on the cake!

To celebrate this two-year milestone, here's a selection of my favourite stories from the past two years.

How a daytrip to the coast can take an akward turn when you unexpectedly end in a nudist beach.

My most treasured moments in the small yet breathtaking Swiss lands.

How I finally began to appreciate the charms of the Dutch capital

I took a photo (almost) every day during 2013 and this was the result.

Or how those famous coffee brewers can save a family holidays.


Any other you loved and I forgot? 

Thank you for all your love and kind words.
Have a lovely month of July!

6 comments:

  1. Felicidades por el segundo "bloguiversario"(lo acabo de traducir al español adaptando el blogversary que tanto veo en otros blogs). Oye, nos tienes que tar la receta de este postre porque tiene una pinta...hmmmm! para morirse de bueno. Por cierto estoy muerta de curiosidad con la historia del " Is that a naked man" y ahora mismo me paso a leerla,ejejej. Bss y espero que pases un día estupendo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Irene!!!
    happy blog anniversary!!! I know how it feel.. time flies so fast and still there are so many things part of us that we still want to share. I know you still have so many things to share and I'm really happy to got some time to update... I'm looking for your post and more travel adventure!
    take care and have a lovely week..
    xoxo,Meg
    Sweet Gala's

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats on two years and cheers to many more! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Happy blogiversary! I love reading your blog and I am so happy that we have met! You are such a fantastic person and I love every single post of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blogiversary irene! you have been through a lot, but i always say there's a rainbow after every rainstorm. i enjoy reading about your adventures through good times and in bad doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...