Sunday, June 28, 2015

So it was a girl - the due update!


'A girl?!!!', I screamed in disbelief as I heard the midwife tell my boyfriend that I had just given birth to a baby girl. Thankfully, I was instructed to keep on pushing for the placenta to come out so I was prevented to continue yelling nonsense like, NO WAY!!! Are you sure it's a girl?! 


Well, I guess this is how the human mind works. I was so convinced that this baby was going to be a boy that I just couldn't believe my ears when I heard the word girl in the delivery room. Flash forward a month and we couldn't be any happier with our baby girl. She's both a good eater and a good sleeper - especially at night! - and she doesn't cry too often. Only in the evenings does she have a bit of a fussy hour. But other than that, she's passed her first month with flying colours :)

In case you're wondering, everything went very well and incredibly fast. I had thought of writing one of those birth story posts but it would probably be the shortest post in this blog. It would read something like this.

Woke up with mild cramp pain at midnight, timed it just for fun, spotted a pattern after some half and hour and called the hospital. Was told to take some paracetamol as I sounded too calm. Less than an hour later I was in real pain, my water broke, we rushed to the hospital and less than twenty minutes later a girl was born. 

End of the story. 

Happy ending. 


It's been already a month since that crazy night and and a busy month it's been. So time for blogging is rather scarce now. And before that, you may be wondering, as I haven't posted anything since March. Well, before I was just busy being pregnant, I guess. I decided to take a step back from life online and focus on enjoying my own company offline as much as I could before this baby required my attention 24/7. I went swimming more often, spent many an afternoon reading and listening to music, hopped over the border to Germany and ate rosinnenschneken to my heart's content. That kind of uninteresting stuff. Boyfriend and I also went for a weekend to Lake Constance and attended a weeding in the middle of the Swiss Alps (so beautiful!). But because these photos are way too wintery with a snowy background, I guess I won't be blogging them now. Or maybe I will, to cool off a bit when temperatures hit the 30°C threshold.

So that's everything that's been going on around here lately ... And I thought an update was in order to share our happy news and bring this blog back to life.


Thank you so much for keeping in touch and your nice words and wishes. 
Have a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...