Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award


One morning a week ago I was enjoying a steamy cup of tea while going through my blog reading list and I was delighted when I found out that Arni of Travel Gourmande had nominated me for this Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. It is always nice to be acknowledged by fellow bloggers and even better when the recognition comes from someone as dear as Arni, who I count as a friend, though we've never met in real life. Thanks again for the nomination!



So, without further ado, here are the answers to the questionnaire of the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award.


1. What is the story behind your blog?

I moved abroad for the first time in 2007 and I have done quite some nice trips around Europe ever since. I have never journaled and I had all my travel photos scattered around many folders in several USB sticks and hard drives. I had always liked the idea of travel blogging and thought it would be a great idea to start my own online travel journal to hold all my memories and photos together. And so in 2012 I started Away from Tenerife. I was living in the Netherlands back then, I am currently in Switzerland and have lived in Ireland in between.


2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

London! I have always had a thing for the English capital and I would love to spent sometime there. If I didn't like it in London I would move back to Maastricht (the Netherlands). I lived there for two years and loved my simple but lovely time there.


3. What is the best piece of travel advice you've received?

Make the most of your breakfast. A hearty morning meal will see you through the most hectic sightseeing days. Thanks mam and dad for teaching me so.


4. Where did you have your best meal ever?

It has to be Ireland. I was very fond of the fish and chips I could eat there and I loved the hearty Irish breakfasts. Oh, and the scones, don't get me started on that. But the best proper meal I had was at a seaside restaurant in Howth. I went there with some friends on a chilly winter evening and feasted on a crab toast and some carrot soup and closed the meal with the most delicious Eton Mess ever.


5. What is your most memorable holiday or trip?

I once went with Boyfriend and some friends of him to Leukerbad, in the Swiss canton of Valais. We skipped all winter sports activities and went directly to soak up in some thermal waters. It wasn't even winter but it started to snow and there we were, in an outdoor swimming pool with 38°C water with breathtaking views of the Alps while snowflakes drifted from the sky and melted on our faces. Travel or no travel, that's probably the most heavenly experience I've ever had.


6. What is the one thing you cannot live without when travelling?

My camera. I just love to take pics of everything!


7. Is there some souvenir you always take home from your travels?

A postcard. I can be as uncomplicated as that.


8. Who's your go-to travel buddy? Or do you prefer to travel solo?

Though our interests can be quite different, Boyfriend is definitely my favourite travel companion. Yes, he likes his morning lie in and I can't do without my morning breakfast; he likes to rest and I like to go out and take a hundred photos but we always find a compromise that will suit us both. And now I'm hoping that BabyGirl will be a keen traveller like her mammy!


9. Are you a spontaneous traveller or do you prefer to plan everything in advance?

I like planning - I'm definitely missing the Spanish gene of spontaneity. I like doing my research and planning accordingly. That being said, there is always room for improvisation if the ideal plan doesn't quite live up to reality. Or if hunger strikes.


10. Where are you traveling next?

Tenerife! Yep, I'm going home in three weeks!



That's the traveller me in a nutshell and now it's your turn! I am nominating the following bloggers but feel free to nominate yourself if you pass by and would like to answer these questions as well.

Sophie of Sophie in Clogs
Tania of Rowdy Fairy
Anda Alexandra of The Home Of The Twisted Red Ladybug


1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What is the best piece of travel advice you have ever received?
4. Where did you have your best meal ever?
5. What is your most memorable holiday or trip?
6. What is the one thing you cannot live without when travelling?
7. Is there a souvenir you always take home from your travels?
8. Who is your go-to travel buddy?
9. Are you a spontaneous traveller or do you prefer to plan everything in advance?
10. Where are you traveling next?


Have a lovely Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
I appreaciate your love and reactions.
I'll take a look at your blogs and I'll try to reply as soon as possible
Feel free to follow if you like :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...